Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name, address and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to VA Loan servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our websites or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information (such as your name, home or mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number), information about your home or prospective home, your financial information (such as your income, assets, or debts), personal information (such as your gender and age), and your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS. We may also collect and store personal information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-applicants), including their name, address, phone number, financial information, or other personal information.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our websites. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, and access times.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested to our third party lenders.
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others.
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third party lenders.
- Manage our business.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information to match you with a lender(s), to verify your identify, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our websites when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with the other third party companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Who We Share Your Information With
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you while using our services. VA Loan does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone other the parties listed below:
If you submit a completed VA Loan questionnaire, we may share your personal information with a lender or lenders in the VA Loan network with whom you are or may be matched. Because the lenders in the VA Loan network with whom you are matched may retain or use your personal information whether or not you qualify for, or obtain, a loan from them, you should contact these lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
LEGAL. We also may disclose your information In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS. We may also share personal information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. We may use the information we collect to notify you about the status of your VA Loan account, important functionality changes to our Website, new VA Loan services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. We may also contact you to verify your information or ask you about your experiences with our system.
When it is necessary to contact you, we use your e-mail address and, in some situations your mailing address, phone or fax number. Note: VA Loan will not ask you for personal financial information, your social security number or any passwords, or account numbers. Do not disclose any personal information if asked by a caller claiming to represent VA Loan. If you question the authenticity of the caller please call VA Loan directly to verify the caller’s authorization.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have submitted a questionnaire to us, you can update your personal information by contacting our Customer Service Department for assistance.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our websites because such information may be required in order for you to obtain services from VA Loan.
- When you use our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages or newsletters from VA Loan. You may later modify your choice by contacting our Customer Service Department. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as loan offers, requests for additional information, service updates or announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. For information about how to protect yourself against identity theft please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov
Other Information About Our Privacy Practices
Children’s Privacy Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
How to Contact Us
VA Loan Desk
1445 W Bluff Hill Drive
Washington, Utah 84780
Why choose VA Loan Desk?A division of Belem Servicing LLC DBA Patriot Home Mortgage
Patriot Home Mortgage and VA Loan Desk finances more homes for veterans than any other VA lender in the United States.
Years of experience gives us unmatched expertise that ensures you get the most from your VA benefits.
VA Loan Desk’s vast network of lenders throughout the U.S guarantees you the lowest possible VA loan rate.